DRAFT, DRAFT, DRAFT!
With the NFL Draft just around the corner, Sayre Bedinger of NFL Mocks and I had a little “Q & A” about the current state of the Patriots roster, and what my thoughts were on their needs going forward.
Below are the results of that discussion.
1. What are your team’s top three needs heading to the draft?
DE, CB, and OT
2. What is your team’s biggest offseason acquisition, and how will it affect draft strategy?
Brandon Lloyd is our biggest move and it was a HUGE one. Partnering him with Tom Brady will really stretch the field and force the opposing defenses to respect the deep threat. By focusing on offensive free agents, this really sets the Patriots up for a defensive draft.
3. Who would you mock to your team in the 1st round right now, realistically?
With a GLARING need for a pass rush, and based on mock speculation, Chandler Jones is looking more and more like the guy.
4. Which player from your team’s class of 2010 is going to break out in 2012?
Brandon Spikes. He’s gotta stay healthy, but this could be a huge year for him.
5. Who is your team’s best draft pick since 2002?
Vince Wilfork. I know offensive players like Gronk get a lot of the glory, but Wilfork has been shutting DOWN the opposing teams chances to run up the middle since his arrival in 2004.
6. Which division rival of your team are you most worried about in 2012?
7. Which position could your team draft that would surprise everyone, but not your fan base?
Agree with my assessment? Have one of your own? Leave a comment below or send us an email at [email protected]