Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix.
- Did Bill Belichick make the right call when he told his defense to allow Ahmad Bradshaw to score the go-ahead touchdown in Super Bowl XLVI? Vote in the poll!
- Here are some of the Patriots’ key offensive free agents, and if they’ll be returning to New England or not.
- The Patriots signed seven players to future contracts, including Tiquan Underwood and Ross Ventrone.
- Bills LB Nick Barnett and Brian Baldinger discuss how Bill Belichick’s legacy has been affected by recent playoff losses.
- Scouts Inc.’s Todd McShay focuses on defense for the Patriots in his recent mock draft.
- The Boston Herald’s Ian Rapoport discusses what crumbled for the Patriots in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVI.
- After the loss, the Patriots are back to work to get to the Super Bowl next year.