Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Is the scoreboard to blame for the Ravens’ AFC Championship loss? Did the Patriots mess with it on purpose? To his credit, Ravens coach John Harbaugh has dismissed all of the scoreboard talk as “nonsense.”
- TE Rob Gronkowski is listed on the injury report as having not participated in practice, had the Patriots practiced.
- Chad Ochocinco had a tweet-fest during the President’s State of the Union address. Is a future in politics on the horizon?
- Ex-Patriots have revenge on the mind for Super Bowl XLVI.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss discusses whether Chad Ochocinco has a spot on the active roster for Super Bowl XLVI.
- The Giants’ Justin Tuck says that Super Bowl XLVI is about the Giants D-line vs. the Pats’ O-line.
- For the fans that are superstitious, Bill Belichick will NOT wear the red hoodie!
- Ex-Patriot James Sanders thinks that the Giants are going to have their hands full against the Patriots.
- How to beat the Giants, according to some NFL scouts.
Tags: AFC Championship Game Baltimore Ravens Bill Belichick Chad Ochocinco James Sanders John Harbaugh Justin Tuck New England Patriots New York Giants NFL Patriots Injury Report Rob Gronkowski Super Bowl XLVI