Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, kick up your feet, and start getting amped for the start of NFL postseason action later tonight. The links begin after the jump…
- Just in case you missed it, Penn State will name Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien as its new head coach. The university will officially announce the hire later today.
- Musket Fire’s Ryan Hannable details his biggest concerns for the Patriots in the playoffs.
- Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski were named to the AP NFL All-Pro team.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss examines the effects of Bill O’Brien’s departure from New England.
- Will Bill O’Brien’s departure be a distraction to the Patriots? Read the debate HERE and vote in the poll.
- The Patriots have asked for, and received, permission to speak to Josh McDaniels in regards to returning to New England and resuming his former role as offensive coordinator.
- Could Josh McDaniels be the eventual successor to Bill Belichick?
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft shares his thoughts on O’Brien’s impending departure.
- Vince Wilfork swims for conditioning, which he credits to allowing him to successfully play more snaps this season.
Topics: Bill Belichick, Bill O'Brien, Josh McDaniels, New England Patriots, NFL, NFL All-Pro Team, NFL Playoffs, Patriots Coaching Staff, Penn State, Rob Gronkowski, Robert Kraft, Vince Wilfork, Wes Welker