Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Saints HC Sean Payton will make playcalling/personnel decisions Sunday that he normally wouldn’t if Drew Brees’ record is on jeopardy.
- Tom Brady’s left shoulder injury is not one that Patriots fans should get too worked up about. You can see video of him throwing at practice yesterday HERE.
- The Patriots are mindful of their Week 3 defeat to the Buffalo Bills.
- Jeremy Lundblad of ESPN Stats & Information takes a closer look at the Patriots’ defense, and tries to determine whether it will be a concern come playoff time or not.
- Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: The Patriots want to play a full four quarters moving forward.
- The Patriots have seen two important stats decrease as the season has progressed, which has helped them garner victories.