Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots barely squeaked out a win, beating the Redskins 34-27.
- Tom Brady and offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien got into a spat on the sidelines after Brady threw a pick. Brady took full responsibility in his postgame press conference.
- You can read the transcript of Bill Belichick’s postgame press conference HERE and the transcript of Brady’s press conference HERE.
- Rob Gronkowski set the single-season touchdown receptions record among tight ends Sunday against the Redskins.
- If the Redskins got in the end zone on their final possession, head coach Mike Shanahan was considering going for the 2-point conversion and what would have been the win.
- Jerod Mayo warns that the defensive performance against the Redskins won’t be good enough to win any more games.
- WEEI’s Kirk Minihane provides some snap judgments on yesterday’s win over the Redskins.