Here are some of the Patriots who stood out as studs in the game today against the Indianapolis Colts, and some who were more of a dud.
- Tom Brady – Brady was on-target today against the Colts, and utilized his feet as well to keep plays alive. Brady was 29-of-38 for 293 yards and 2 touchdowns, good for a QB Rating 115.4.
- Rob Gronkowski – Gronkowski is making a strong case to be the best tight end in the NFL. He had three touchdowns on the day, the last looking like a single-season record-breaker for tight ends. However, his touchdown was called a lateral and a run, not a reception. This, Gronk will have to wait until next week to try and break the single-season touchdown receptions record for tight ends.
- Vince Wilfork – The big man lead the team on the stat sheet today with 10 tackles and a sack.
- Nick McDonald – McDonald was just promoted from the practice squad and started his first game for the team, making it 4 difference starters at center this season. The offense didn’t miss a beat with McDonald at center.
- Pass defense - The pass defense allowed third-string QB Dan Orlovsky to complete 30 out of 37 pass attempts for 353 yards and 2 touchdowns. The 4th quarter was especially terrible, when the Colts scored 21 points largely through the air.
- Running backs – The Pats didn’t get much production from their running backs, especially when they could have used them to move the chains and eat up clock in the 4th quarter. The backs combined for 73 yards on 24 carries. The Law Firm did score a rushing touchdown.