Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- It’s a day or so late, but hopefully not a dollar short: Here are my thoughts on the Patriots-Eagles game from this past Sunday.
- The Patriots released DB Phillip Adams yesterday. They haven’t announced a corresponding roster move, so stay tuned.
- NFL Network’s Brian Billick discusses whether the Patriots are the best team in the AFC, and what team is the toughest to play on the road.
- USA Today takes a closer look at the Patriots’ defense.
- Think that the Pats have sympathy for the Colts losing Peyton Manning? Just in case anybody hasn’t noticed, they have their own injury issues.
- The Patriots will be facing QB Dan Orlovsky instead of Curtis Painter this Sunday when they host the Colts.
- WEEI’s Christopher Price provides 10 things we learned from Sunday’s game.
- Here’s a look at the Patriots’ options for that elusive third wide receiver.