Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Denver Broncos defeated the New York Jets last night on Thursday Night Football, tightening the Patriots’ grip on the AFC East.
- Dane Fletcher, Devin McCourty, and Brandon Spikes missed yesterday’s practice, while Wes Welker was among 14 players who were limited. Check out the complete injury report HERE.
- Ross Ventrone is back! AGAIN!
- Chiefs QB Tyler Palko makes his first NFL start Monday night against the Patriots. Check out this analysis of Bill Belichick’s success against QBs making their first start.
- WEEI’s Christopher Price feels that the Patriots will utilize the no-huddle offense often against the Chiefs.