Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- While sports fans and analysts always point to sack numbers, Bill Belichick thinks it’s one of the most misleading stats in football.
- The Patriots activated cancer survivor Marcus Cannon to the 53-man active roster.
- The Patriots are prepping for Tyler Palko…wait, who???
- Patriots guard Brian Waters will face his former team Monday night when the Pats play the Chiefs. Waters received high praise from the coaching staff, and rightfully so.
- The Boston Herald’s Ian Rapoport discusses why it’s so difficult to put a timeline on Devin McCourty’s recovery from a separated shoulder.
- Chad Ochocinco had a “Lethal Weapon” themed Twitter avatar for a brief period of time yesterday. You can check the comical picture out HERE.