Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Ryan Hannable feels that the Patriots gave up on the run too early in Sunday’s game against the Giants, while I look at the running game’s production and play calling during the game.
- Check out Danny Woodhead’s disappearing act.
- Bill Belichick made his weekly appearance on WEEI sports talk radio, and he wasn’t happy. You can listen to his appearance HERE.
- Tom Brady is sticking behind Chad Ochocinco.
- ESPN Boston’s Chris Forsberg breaks down the Giants’ game-winning drive. He also checks out Ochocinco’s five targets and tries to determine who was at fault for the miscue.
- Tedy Bruschi breaks down the Patriots’ loss to the Giants.
- According to sources, LB Brandon Spikes has an MCL sprain and is “week to week.”
- WEEI’s Christopher Price offers 10 things we learned on Sunday.
- Ty Law’s recipe for defensive improvement? Bill Belichick should work directly with the secondary as a position coach.