Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots are projected to win the Super Bowl in one Sports Illustrated projection.
- Wes Welker missed Wednesday’s practice but returned to the field yesterday on a limited basis. He is listed as having a neck injury on the injury report.
- CB Leigh Bodden, who was released by the Pats just days before the game against the Steelers, paid a free agent visit to the Kansas City Chiefs.
- The Patriots have once again released S Ross Ventrone.
- Vince Wilfork feels that the secondary is receiving an unfair share of the blame for the Pats’ defensive woes. He feels that it’s the entire squad’s fault, specifically pointing a finger at himself and the pass rush.
- WR Taylor Price discusses his increasing role with the offense.
- WEEI’s Christopher Price measures the impact Albert Haynesworth is having on the defense.
- Former UMass standout and current Giants WR Victor Cruz is looking to take advantage of the Patriots’ pass defense.