Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots’ defensive woes have caught the national eye. Click HERE for a sampling of some of the national stories on the Pats’ defense, including thoughts from former Patriots.
- The Patriots and Giants have released their first injury report of the week, and for the Pats, Wes Welker was a notable new name on the report. He did not participate in practice with a neck injury.
- According to Bill Belichick, the corner position is not at the top of the problems list. If that’s the case, I think the defense is worse than we thought.
- WR Taylor Price has to earn Tom Brady’s trust moving forward in his increased role.
- WEEI’s Christopher Price has a 9-9-9 plan to fix the Patriots’ defense….wait, wrong plan. He has a three-point plan to fix the defense.