Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Musket Fire’s Ryan Hannable examines the Patriots’ performance after bye weeks under Bill Belichick.
- I looked at the Patriots’ offensive playcalling against the Steelers when Tom Brady is under center and found a large imbalance in their attack.
- In a shocking move, the Patriots released CB Leigh Bodden yesterday.
- The Boston Herald’s Ian Rapoport attempts to explain why the Pats released Leigh Bodden.
- With Bodden out, Antwaun Molden is likely to see the field more. ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss catches up with Molden.
- Brian Billick breaks down Rob Gronkowski’s success against the Pittsburgh Steelers last season, and how he can factor into Sunday’s game.
- Here’s a round-up of ESPN-related predictions for the Patriots-Steelers game.
- Cancer survivor Marcus Cannon spoke for the first time with reporters yesterday since returning to practice, saying that he feels “blessed” to be back on the field.