Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- According to Bill Belichick, the Patriots changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 due to the lack of offseason work as a result of the NFL lockout.
- Musket Fire’s Ryan Hannable comes to the defense of Chad Ochocinco.
- The Patriots are weary of the Cowboys talented group of receivers, including TE Jason Witten.
- TE Aaron Hernandez conducted his press interviews at his locker yesterday while eating a piece of chicken, eerily reminiscent of the reported shenanigans in the Red Sox clubhouse.
- DL Mike Wright’s season has unfortunately ended, as he was placed on IR yesterday. CB Phillip Adams was re-signed to take his roster spot.
- Both Vince Wilfork and BenJarvus Green-Ellis missed practice yesterday, though Wilfork’s absence was not injury related.
- Check out ESPN NFL Live’s preview of the Matt Light-DeMarcus Ware matchup.
- Kevin Faulk is preparing to come off the PUP list.
Tags: Aaron Hernandez BenJarvus Green-Ellis Bill Belichick Chad Ochocinco Dallas Cowboys DeMarcus Ware Injured Reserve Kevin Faulk Matt Light Mike Wright New England Patriots NFL Patriots Defense PUP List Vince Wilfork