Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss if you’re working today), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots were able to beat the Jets at their own game yesterday, winning 30-21.
- Bill Belichick credited yesterday’s result to a solid week of practice. You can hear that and more by watching his postgame press conference HERE. You can also check out Tom Brady’s presser HERE, The Law Firm’s presser HERE, and Wes Welker’s presser HERE.
- TE Rob Gronkowski played through an illness yesterday that he though would keep him out of the game.
- Rex Ryan said after the game yesterday that the Patriots are “the better team right now.”
- The Patriots currently have some impressive stats and streaks going on as they head towards their 6th game of the season.
- Check out Comcast Sports Net’s Best & Worst from yesterday’s game.
- Comcast Sports Net’s Tom Curran believes that the Patriots are getting better and the Jets are getting worse.