Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots bounced back yesterday, beating the Raiders 31-19. However, they didn’t get out unscathed, and suffered some injuries to key players. Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald is reporting that Jerod Mayo has a sprained MCL and could miss up to 6 weeks.
- Check out the postgame pressers of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Vince Wilfork, and Wes Welker.
- Rookie RB Stevan Ridley was one of the players who helped spark the Patriots’ offense.
- Check out ESPN’s NFL Live crew discuss how the Patriots bounced back from their loss in Buffalo last week.
- Comcast Sports Net breaks down the Best and the Worst of yesterday’s game.
- Tom Brady passed Joe Montana on the All-Time Touchdown Pass list.