Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Many defensive players in the NFL have complained that Tom Brady is the most protected QB in the league. However, the actual numbers don’t support that claim. In fact, it’s not even close.
- The Patriots are a hurtin’ team, and could be without some key players tomorrow against the Raiders.
- Missed the Patriots’ weekly show, Patriots All Access? You can watch the show in it’s entirety online. Part 1 is HERE and Part 2 is HERE.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss thinks tomorrow’s game against the Oakland Raiders will be an “identity” game for the Patriots.
- Bill Belichick had some interesting comments on the Terry Francona/Boston Red Sox divorce.
- Check out this video of Rodney Harrison discussing the Pats’ defense and Richard Seymour.
- Comcast Sports Net’s Tom Curran blames Bill Belichick for the current state of the Patriots’ defense.