Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Should the Pats keep the 4-3 defense or go back to the 3-4? Vote in the poll!
- The Patriots have some concerns facing the Raiders this week, namely Darren McFadden and giving up big plays.
- Logan Mankins (illness) returned to practice yesterday but was limited while Albert Haynesworth (back) did not practice.
- Check out Tedy Bruschi’s breakdown of the upcoming Patriots-Raiders game, and also Troy Brown’s keys to the game.
- Check out this interesting piece by Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald, who catches up with LB Brandon Spikes.
- S Patrick Chung, who missed the Buffalo game, is making sure that he’ll be “ready to go” come Sunday.
- If history holds true, Tom Brady will bounce back strong this week after his 4-pick game last Sunday.