Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots re-signed DL Gerard Warren yesterday. They have also hosted players for workouts, including a fullback. Could the running game be getting an overhaul?
- Tom Brady got a hair cut.
- Check out the Patriots’ and Raiders’ injury reports from practice yesterday.
- NFL Network analyst Jason La Canfora believes that the Patriots-Raiders game this week could be a playoff preview.
- Is Richard Seymour gunning for revenge against the Patriots for the shocking trade a couple of years ago?
- Aaron Hernandez, who missed the Buffalo game, is “feeling good” and hoping to return soon. Patriots fans are hoping he returns soon too.
- Raiders head coach Hue Jackson spent 3 years as a wide receivers coach in Cincinnati working with Chad Ochocinco, and he believes that Ochocinco will improve in the Patriots’ offense.
- Matt Light shared his thoughts yesterday on facing old friend Richard Seymour.
- Former Patriots defensive coordinator, Jets head coach, Browns head coach, and current ESPN analyst Eric Mangini believes the Patriots’ defense will improve, and offers a tip to improve the pass rush. You can read the text of his comments HERE or watch the video HERE.