Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- ESPN Boston is reporting that S Patrick Chung underwent thumb surgery this week. If he can’t go Sunday against the Buffalo, the Pats will be paper thin at safety.
- In personnel news, the Pats placed C Dan Koppen and DL Myron Pryor on IR, while signing CB Phillip Adams and DL Landon Cohen.
- The Pats had some good news when injured P Zoltan Mesko and CB Ras-I Dowling were able to participate in practice, even if they were limited.
- While Mesko did participate, the Pats worked out punters Matt Dodge and Jeremy Kapinos.
- For the second week in a row, Tom Brady has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Even though he was signed after the preseason was completed, G Brian Waters has made a big impression on his teammates and coaches.
- The Buffalo Bills are looking forward to measuring themselves against the Patriots after an impressive 2-0 start to the season.
Topics: AFC Offensive Player Of The Week, Brian Waters, Buffalo Bills, Dan Koppen, Injured Reserve, Landon Cohen, Myron Pryor, New England Patriots, NFL, Patrick Chung, Patriots Injuries, Phillip Adams, Ras-I Dowling, Tom Brady, Zoltan Mesko