Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots have been bitten by the injury bug in some tough spots. TE Aaron Hernandez will miss anywhere from 2-6 weeks due to an MCL sprain and P Zoltan Mesko may miss an undisclosed amount of time due to a knee injury suffered during the Chargers game.
- NFL Network analysts Mike Mayock, Michael Lombardi, and Willie McGinest shared some of their favorite Bill Belichick memories.
- Check out video of Matt Light’s Celebrity Shoot-Out and Jerod Mayo’s Mayo Bowl charity events.
- NFL.com’s Steve Wyche puts Tom Brady’s amazing stats through two weeks under the spotlight.
- Do the Buffalo Bills stand a chance against the Patriots? Vote in the poll HERE.
- Wondering how former Patriots like Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders are doing with their new teams? Check out their progress HERE.
- There’s been some talk about teams like the Chargers on Sunday and the Giants Monday night against the Rams faking injuries to slow down the no-huddle offense. What does Bill Belichick think about the tactic?
- Check out the Pats’ grades for their Week 2 performance, courtesy of WEEI, and these grades courtesy of Comcast Sports Net.
Topics: Aaron Hernandez, Bill Belichick, Brandon Meriweather, Injuries, James Sanders, Jerod Mayo, Matt Light, New England Patriots, New York Giants, NFL, San Diego Chargers, St. Louis Rams, Tom Brady, Zoltan Mesko