Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, I looked back at my Week 1 NFL game picks, and while I had a winning record, it wasn’t anything special. I’m looking to improve on that in Week 2.
- Tom Brady has been nominated for the FedEx NFL Air Player of the Week. Make sure that you vote for him. He has already been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- The Pats released their first injury report of the week yesterday, and it brings some good and bad news.
- The Patriots signed offensive lineman Donald Thomas to add depth to the interior of their offensive line.
- Tom Brady wants fans to drink and be loud for the home opener this Sunday against the Chargers.
- Rodney Harrison agrees with Tedy Bruschi’s criticism of Chad Ochocinco. Brady, however, has Ocho’s back.
- Albert Haynesworth feels that the Patriots’ defense is going to have to be much better against the Chargers than they were against the Dolphins.
- Andy Gresh at Comcast Sports Net grades the Patriots’ performance against the Dolphins.
Topics: AFC Offensive Player Of The Week, Albert Haynesworth, FedEx Air Player Of The Week, New England Patriots, NFL, NFL Game Picks, Patriots Injury Report, Rodney Harrison, San Diego Chargers, Tom Brady