Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- If Randy Moss were to return to the Patriots, Tom Brady would welcome him back with open arms.
- The Patriots released CB Darius Butler yesterday and claimed LB A.J. Edds off waivers. They also had a bunch of players in for workouts, including the brother of a current player on the team. Get the full low-down HERE.
- Bill Belichick made his weekly on-air appearance on WEEI radio yesterday, and you can listen to his interview HERE.
- ESPN Boston pulls out newsworthy tidbits from conference calls with Bill Belichick, Offensive Coordinator Bill O’Brien, and Director of PLayer Personnel Nick Caserio, and you can read those HERE and HERE.
- Ian Rapoport from the Boston Herald tries to make sense of the current safety situation.
- Christopher Price of WEEI.com looks at the versatility of the current crop of safeties on the Patriots.