The preseason is finally over and we are gearing up for the NFL regular season. The lead-up to the season opener is always full of predictions for how the season will play out, and this year is no different. Last year, some were questioning whether the Patriots were on heading downhill. You won’t find much of that this year. Seven analysts from NFL.com got together to make predictions for everything from individual awards to the Super Bowl winner, and the Patriots show up quite often.
Let’s take a look at how far Patriots players and the team as a whole are going this year, according to the analysts at NFL.com.
- One analyst, Steve Wyche, has Tom Brady winning the NFL MVP award.
- Jason LaCanfora and Elliot Harrison pick Tom Brady to win Offensive Player of the Year.
- All seven analysts pick the Patriots to win the AFC East.
- All seven analysts pick the Patriots to play in the AFC Championship game. Bucky Brooks picks the Chargers to defeat the Patriots and Elliot Harrison picks the Jets to beat the Patriots. The rest of the analysts pick the Patriots to win the AFC Championship.
- None of the analysts who picked the Pats to win the AFC have them winning the Super Bowl. The Patriots lose to either the Packers or the Saints in the various Super Bowl predictions.