Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots have some issues at right guard. Is Matt Light the solution? Read why he might be the answer and vote in the poll!
- The Pats made a couple of roster moves last night, placing OL Marcus Cannon on the reserve/NFI list and claiming former Texans CB Antwaun Molden off waivers.
- Punter Zoltan Mesko did his best Borat impression while running an auction at the Kickoff Gala Tuesday night. Click HERE to see video of that and Nate Solder’s rookie haircut.
- The Pats will recognize the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 tonight at their preseason game against the Giants. Former G Joe Andruzzi and his family will be there (NYC firefighters) as well as military personnel.
- The “Patriots Today” web show at the Pats’ official website provides two players to watch during the preseason game in terms of possible roster cuts.
- Christopher Price from WEEI.com provides a list of 10 players he feels are on the bubble.
- Click HERE for dueling roster projections from ESPN Boston.
- S Sergio Brown had sort of a wake-up call when veteran S James Sanders was released earlier in the week.