Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots began trimming their roster down to 80 players, and in doing so making a surprising release: S James Sanders. You can find more cuts and signings HERE and HERE.
- Go HERE to check out my look back at the five things I was watching in the Pats-Lions preseason game and how they played out.
- NFL Network will be airing a two-part documentary on Bill Belichick beginning on Sept. 15.
- Three Patriots held conference calls with the media, so check out the transcripts of these conference calls for Jerod Mayo, Deion Branch, and Andre Carter. You can also read a transcript of Bill Belichick’s conference call.
- Tom Brady has faith in Chad Ochocinco, and believes he’ll get the offense sooner rather than later. Bill Belichick thinks that Chad is getting better.
- Former Patriots assistant coach, Jets/Browns head coach, and current ESPN analyst Eric Mangini believes that the loss to the Lions Saturday night was just what the Patriots needed.