Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Did the Patriots’ 34-10 loss to the Lions reflect the stat sheet? Here’s an inside look at the numbers of the game.
- There are several players on the Pats that could be dangled as trade bait as roster cut down dates approach.
- Erik Skalavino from Patriots Football Weekly looks at how positional competition battles played out during the Patriots-Lions preseason game.
- Initial reports indicate that Wes Welker is OK after injuring his neck making a tackle during Saturday night’s preseason game.
- Mike Reiss really hits the nail on the head with analysis that the Patriots need to find a way to win when Tom Brady and passing game isn’t working.
- Tedy Bruschi breaks down the Patriots’ loss to the Lions in his latest “Bruschi on Tap” column. MUST READ
- Is Nate Solder a viable option to play right guard?
- Christopher Price of WEEI.com takes another stab at projecting the Patriots’ 53-man roster. Jeff Howe of NESN.com tries to do the same.
- Check out video of Ty Law, now a contributor for Comcast Sports Net, discussing the Patriots’ loss to the Lions.