Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots play the Lions tonight in a nationally televised game at 8 p.m. ET. There has been debate over whether the Patriots should limit Tom Brady’s reps against the Lions’ front four…
- Tom Curran from Comcast Sports Net put together a list of items he’ll be looking at in tonight’s game. The Patriots’ online show “Patriots Today” also delves into the storylines of tonight’s game in a video you can view HERE. Later today, my list will be posted here on Musket Fire.
- Albert Breer of NFL Network fame (and formerly of the Boston Globe) wrote a thought-provoking article on Albert Haynesworth. Breer concludes that it’s up to Haynesworth to show up this season, and he includes quite a few scathing quotes from “sources” who have worked with Haynesworth.
- ESPN Boston tries its hand at projecting the Patriots’ final roster. I posted my roster projection a couple of days ago HERE.
- Check out this list of players unlikely to play tonight and those who stand a chance at seeing the field.
- The Lions are not very impressed by the Patriots’ offense.