Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, Zac Snyder of the SideLion Report and I exchanged questions back and forth about the upcoming Patriots-Lions preseason game. You can read Zac’s answers to my questions HERE and read my answers to his questions HERE.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston takes an interesting look at the 2009 QB Draft class, and looks at where Brian Hoyer fits in that puzzle. Hoyer went undrafted and signed as a rookie free agent with the Patriots.
- According to Bill Belichick, Mike Wright’s extended absence from practice is not related to last season’s concussion problems.
- Speaking of Belichick, things got a little testy when an NFL Network reporter was asking persistent questions about Albert Haynesworth.
- Second-round pick RB Shane Vereen, who just recently returned to practice after an extended absence, says that he is ready to go.
- According to NFL Network analyst Michael Lombardi, the Patriots have six blue chip members of their team and one red chip player.
- Jeff Howe from NESN.com tries his hand at projecting the Patriots’ final roster. I tried my hand at projecting the roster earlier in the week.
- Check out video of Tom Curran’s interview with Jerod Mayo HERE.