Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan called Bill Belichick the “best in the game.”
- Here’s my second try at projecting the Patriots’ 53-man roster.
- Chad Ochocinco is going to follow through on his proclamation of reimbursing Mason Foster for the hit he laid on Ocho during the Pats-Bucs preseason game, and he told Commission Goodell about it too.
- Patriots Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio spoke with the media earlier today, and you can watch his press conference HERE or read the transcript HERE. QB Tom Brady also spoke with the media, and you can watch his press conference HERE or read the transcript HERE.
- The Pats re-signed rookie free agent OL Mike Berry to fill the 90th spot on the roster.
- Bill Belichick had the team watch the movie, “The Fighter” last night as a break from the training camp grind. He then had the boxer the movie was based on, Micky Ward, speak to the team after the movie.
- Rookie RB Shane Vereen returned to practice after a lengthy absence and rookie OL Nate Solder also returned after missing yesterday’s practice. Click HERE for the full attendance report.
- The Detroit Lions are preparing to play against Albert Haynesworth during Saturday’s preseason game.
Topics: Albert Haynesworth, Bill Belichick, Chad Ochocinco, Detroit Lions, Mason Foster, New England Patriots, New York Jets, NFL, Nick Caserio, Patriots Injuries, Patriots Practice Report, Patriots Preseason, Patriots Roster Projection, Rex Ryan, Shane Vereen, Tom Brady