Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Albert Haynesworth pleaded “No contest” to charges that he sexually assaulted a Washington, D.C. waitress. With the plea, he avoids jail time and it appears that he will not suffer any suspensions by the NFL.
- Vince Wilfork doesn’t want to be a distraction for the Patriots due to the University of Miami scandal.
- Various NFL.com analysts discuss the fast start that New England has gotten off to so far in the preseason in an article you can view HERE.
- Rookie Nate Solder is making a positive impression on his teammates.
- Devin McCourty discussed the new-look defense, the development of the secondary, and facing Calvin Johnson Saturday in Week 3 of the preseason.
- Taylor Price, Danny Woodhead (not in pads), rookie Ras-I Dowling, James Sanders, and Julien Edelman were all out on the practice field yesterday, while Stevan Ridley, Leigh Bodden, and Dane Fletcher were among the missing.
- Bill Belichick joined in WEEI radio yesterday and said that if Albert Haynesworth is ready, he could play in Saturday’s preseason game against the Detroit Lions. He would not elaborate on Haynesworth’s readiness.
- Logan Mankins discusses the challenge and preparation of playing against the Lions’ Ndamukong Suh.
Tags: Albert Haynesworth Bill Belichick Detroit Lions Devin McCourty Haynesworth Trial Logan Mankins Miami Hurricanes Scandal Nate Solder New England Patriots NFL Patriots Practice Report Patriots Preseason Vince Wilfork