Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and cap off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Chad Ochocinco has offered to pay any fines Mason Foster should incur from the hit he laid on Ocho during Thursday night’s preseason game. However, the NFL has come out to say that nobody can pay or reimburse a fine on a player except the player himself.
- There a lot of familiar faces returning to practice yesterday, but there were also some new faces missing. To see the comings and goings, click HERE.
- Check out video of new Patriots safety James Ihedigbo, who is a local product. For some additional video of Ihedigbo and newly-signed LB Ricky Brown, click HERE.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston discusses the Patriots’ incredible depth on the defensive line.
- DE Andre Carter discusses the importance of getting reps in a game and at practice.
- Rookie LT Nate Solder got some work at right guard in practice Saturday. Dan Connolly struggled towards the end of the first half of Thursday’s preseason game. Could this be a reaction to that?
- NESN is reporting that safety Bret Lockett tore his groin and abdomen in Thursday’s preseason game and could miss the entire season.
- Shaun Ellis is ready to go for the Patriots, and things aren’t too different for him.