Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Here’s a look at some numbers from the Patriots-Buccaneers game that caught my eye.
- Kyle Arrington made an incredible interception in the Pats-Bucs preseason game. Check it out HERE.
- The Pats made two personnel moves yesterday. They placed LB Christian Cox on IR and signed S Jeff Ihedigbo.
- Bill Belichick spoke with reporters yesterday after reviewing the game film from Thursday’s preseason game. According to Belichick, the first half wasn’t as good as it looked and the second half wasn’t as bad as it looked. You had to figure Belichick would find issues to correct, even with a dominant first half.
- Tedy Bruschi’s weekly column Bruschi on Tap looks at the preseason game. Bruschi gets into some nuances of blitzing and how some of the plays worked, so it’s a must-read for any football fan looking to gain some more X’s and O’s knowledge.
- The Pats worked out LB Ricky Brown and RB Clinton Portis yesterday as they look to fill one more open roster spot.
- Andre Carter was a pass-rushing machine during Thursday’s preseason game. The Boston Globe caught up with Carter after the game, and you can see video of that by clicking HERE.