Here are some numbers that jumped out to me from the New England Patriots-Tampa Bay Buccaneers preseason game:
- 21-0: The score at the end of the first quarter after the Patriots jumped out to a fast start on offense and defense.
- 0.3: The average yards per carry for Buccanneers RB LeGarrette Blount.
- 2: The amount of passing touchdowns from Tom Brady./The amount of rushing touchdowns from BenJarvus Green-Ellis./The amount of catches by Chad Ochocinco./The amount of times Patriots quarterbacks were sacked./The amount of sacks racked up by Jerod Mayo./The amount of 3rd downs converted by the Bucs all game.
- 100%: The red zone efficiency of the Patriots.
- 52: The seconds-difference in time of possession for the first half, despite the score being 28-0.
- 117-11: The amount of rushing yards racked up by the Patriots and the Bucs in the first half.
- 71%-13%: The 3rd down efficiency of the Pats and the Bucs at the end of the first half.
- 93: That wasn’t Richard Seymour out there wreaking havoc. It was Andre Carter, and he could be poised for a big season.