Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Rodney Harrison believes that Bill Belichick is playing mind games with Brandon Meriweather to try and get him to elevate his play.
- The Patriots released OT Mark LeVoir yesterday, elevating Steve Maneri to a top back-up position and also opening up a roster spot for a potential free agent signing.
- Vince Wilfork released a statement last night in response to reports that he received illicit benefits while playing for the U.
- The Patriots announced that the Patriots Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place Saturday, September 17, at 5 p.m. outside the Hall at Patriot Place. The inductees will be Drew Bledsoe and Jon Morris. The event is free to the public.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss previews tonight’s Patriots/Bucs preseason game.
- Mike Lockley, the Jaguars LB who speared Patriots WR Taylor Price in last week’s preseason game, was fined $20,000 by the NFL.
- WEEI’s Christopher Price provides a list of 10 players to keep an eye on in tonight’s preseason game, while Tom Curran of Comcast Sports Net provides his own feature on what to look for while watching Pats/Bucs preseason action.
Topics: Bill Belichick, Brandon Meriweather, Drew Bledsoe, Jacksonville Jaguars, Mark LeVoir, New England Patriots, NFL, Patriots Hall Of Fame, Patriots Personnel Moves, Patriots Preseason, Rodney Harrison, Tampa Bay Buccaneers