Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Check out my first 53-man roster projection of 2011.
- Big Vince Wilfork has been named as one of the many players to come from the ‘U’ that received benefits, including cash, from a booster now behind bars. Not good.
- Bill Belichick thinks that the NFL is trying to do away with kickoffs…really! Belichick also discusses the impact the new kickoff rules will have on shaping the roster.
- DE Andre Carter appears to have made a good first impression with Bill Belichick.
- Saturday will be the final day that training camp is open to the public. Here’s the remaining schedule.
- Miss camp yesterday? Check out the recap from ESPN Boston, the Boston Herald, and the Boston Globe.
- The Patriots reportedly have some wiggle room under the salary cap – $9.2 million worth of wiggle room.