Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- There are rumors that Bill Belichick will cut either or both Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth before the regular season. Is there any validity to those rumors? Here’s my take.
- Do the Patriots have problems at the safety position? Here’s my analysis.
- Wes Welker is feeling the best he’s ever felt, and is not worried about a new contract right now. Welker is in the last year of his contract.
- Bill Parcells, now an analyst for ESPN, likes what he’s seen from WR Taylor Price, and even scouted the young receiver last season while Parcells was still with the Dolphins.
- Yesterday, training camp was moved inside the practice bubble due to rain and the public was not allowed to attend. Want to know what happened? Here’s reports from ESPN Boston, the Boston Herald, and the Boston Globe.
- Bill Belichick likes what he’s seen from Chad Ochocinco and said that Albert Haynesworth has been “great so far.”
- Brady said yesterday that he will “never get over” the playoff loss to the Jets. Do you think he’s motivated to win in the playoffs this year?
- Albert Haynesworth is one of 10 NFL players who, according to the Bleacher Report, have run out of excuses. The Bleacher Report also put together a list of the 29 Softest Players in the NFL, and there are some Patriots on the list that may surprise you.