Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- RB Kevin Faulk has yet to practice with the team. Could the Patriots be stashing him on the PUP list to avoid releasing him?
- Later today, the Patriots will host free agent WR TJ Houshmandzadeh. Could he be reunited with former teammate Chad Ochocinco? Additionally, the Pats will host free agent safeties Darren Sharper and Reynaldo Hill.
- Defensive line coach Pepper Johnson spoke with the media in a conference call yesterday before practice and spoke about “Big Al” (Haynesworth) among other topics.
- Missed training camp practice Sunday? Read about what happened from ESPN Boston, the Boston Herald, the Boston Globe, and Patriots Football Weekly.
- Go HERE for the training camp schedule for today, Tuesday, and Wednesday. All are open to the public.
- Logan Mankins is happy about his new contract (I would be too if I was the highest-paid player at my position), and expects to earn every dime with his play.
- Christopher Price of WEEI.com tries his hand at projecting the final 53-man roster for the Patriots.
Topics: Chad Ochocinco, Darren Sharper, Kevin Faulk, Logan Mankins, New England Patriots, NFL, NFL Free Agency, Patriots Personnel Moves, Patriots Roster Projection, Patriots Training Camp, Reynaldo Hill, T.J. Houshmandzadeh