Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Last night, the Patriots whooped the Jaguars 47-12 in their preseason opener. Here are my first impressions of the Patriots’ performance.
- ESPN Boston offers three players who are “up,” and three players who are “down” after last night’s preseason game.
- Check out Bill Belichick’s post-game press conference HERE.
- Eric Scalavino from Patriots Football Weekly analyzes last night’s preseason game from a position-battle perspective.
- Tedy Bruschi breaks down last night’s preseason game.
- The Patriots released their training camp schedule for Saturday and Sunday. Both are open to the public.
- The Boston Herald passes along some post-game thoughts from rookie QB Ryan Mallett, rookie RB Stevan Ridley, and the #2 QB Brian Hoyer.
- Brad Gagnon from theScore previews the Patriots’ 2011 season, and makes three bold predictions. Gagnon’s prediction on Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth may surprise you.
Topics: Albert Haynesworth, Bill Belichick, Brian Hoyer, Chad Ochocinco, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, NFL, Patriots Preseason, Patriots Training Camp, Ryan Mallett, Stevan Ridley, Tedy Bruschi