Here are some numbers that jumped out to me from the New England Patriots-Jacksonville Jaguars preseason opener:
- 41:40 - The Patriots’ run:pass ratio. That’s almost as good as you’re gonna get for offensive balance.
- 109.9/40.5 - The combined QB ratings for Patriots quarterbacks, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett, and the Jaguars’ quarterbacks, Blaine Gabbert and Todd Bouman.
- 476/193 - The total net yards accumulated by the Patriots and the Jaguars.
- 13 - The jersey number of the only player on the Patriots to record an interception thus far. That number belongs to a receiver, Buddy Farnham.
- 3 - The number of fumbles the Patriots had in the game. They lost one of those fumbles./The number of total touchdowns scored by rookie RB Stevan Ridley.
- 4 - The number of rushing touchdowns produced by rookies Stevan Ridley (2) and Richard Medlin (2)./The number of times the Patriots sacked a Jaguar QB./The number of 4th down conversions attempted and converted by the Pats./The number of times the Patriot offense had a goal-to-go situation, and the numbers times the Pats scored touchdowns in those situations./The number of penalties committed by the Patriots./The number of field goals attempted and made by the Jaguars.
- 23% - The Jaguars’ third-down efficiency, converting 3 of 13 attempts. Last season, the Pats were the worst team in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down, allowing opponents to convert 47% of their 3rd downs.