Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots haven’t failed to disappoint when it comes to staying in the headlines. Yesterday, they reached a six-year pact with All Pro/Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins.
- In addition to Mankins signing long-term, the restructured deals of Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco were also made public. The structure of those deals exemplify how the Patriots are able to build such a deep roster.
- Patriots CEO Robert Kraft spoke with reporters yesterdays and touched on a variety of topics such as his wife Myra, keeping a core group of players, Chad Ochocinco, and Albert Haynesworth, among other things. Check out the transcript HERE.
- It’s not unanimous that Shaun Ellis will be a factor on the Patriots’ defensive line. Check out this debate between ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss and ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini.
- Missed yesterday’s in-stadium game-prep practice? Check out reports from ESPN Boston, the Boston Herald, and the Boston Globe.
- With Logan Mankins locked up long-term, who’s next?