Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots have added lots of bodies (and beef) to their defensive line. What does it all mean? Can you say 4-3?
- Preseason power rankings are out, and the Patriots come in at #2, according to ESPN.
- Need a roommate? So is Chad Ochocinco, and he’s looking for a fan to room with.
- The Patriots are, fittingly, dedicating their season to the memory of Myra Kraft. The players will wear a patch on their jerseys in honor of Myra, which you can see HERE.
- Is Rex Ryan worried about Shaun Ellis giving the Patriots Jets defensive secrets? Does Rex ever worry about anything?
- Too early for a roster projection? No way! Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak of ESPN Boston provide dueling 53-man roster projections.
- Worried about the injuries the Pats have suffered, and Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Ellis not practicing? You shouldn’t be, according to Bill Belichick.
- With all the defensive linemen on the roster, who will make the final cut? Christopher Price of WEEI.com thinks versatility will be key.
- Missed training camp yesterday? Here are reports from ESPN Boston, the Boston Herald, and the Boston Globe.
Topics: Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, Myra Kraft, New England Patriots, New York Jets, NFL, NFL Power Rankings, Patriots Defense, Patriots Roster Projection, Patriots Training Camp, Rex Ryan, Shaun Ellis