Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, I put together a list tracking some recent free agent visits to New England. However, later that day, the Patriots signed DE Mark Anderson and brought LB Channing Crowder in for a physical.
- Missed training camp yesterday? Check out this report by yours truly, who was in attendance.
- After camp yesterday, Tom Brady spoke to the media, making note that the Pats are behind where they normally would be with a full offseason. Check out video of the interview HERE.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss gives a progress report on the Patriots’ draft picks.
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald is banking on Rob Gronkowski improving on his 10 touchdown catches from last season and reaching the Pro Bowl.
- Tom Curran from Comcast Sports analyzes the switch – or supposed switch- from a base 3-4 defense to a 4-3. – MUST READ