Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The potential trade acquisition of NY Giants DE Osi Umenyiora continues to be a hot topic in New England. NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks thinks that Osi is a fit in New England, but what do you think? Vote in the poll HERE. Here’s a note to pass along: Mike Reiss from ESPN Boston retweeted a note that the Patriots ARE among the five team interested in Osi.
- The Patriots announced yesterday that they signed second-round draft picks Ras-I Dowling and Shane Vereen. First-rounder Nate Solder is the only remaining unsigned draft pick for the Patriots.
- Albert Haynesworth spoke at training camp yesterday, and it’s clear that he’s intending on leaving his past in the past and likes where he’s at right now. You can watch video of his media chat HERE and/or read the transcript HERE.
- ESPN Boston has some notes from yesterday’s training camp session, as does the Boston Herald.
- Karen Guregian of the Herald thinks that Tom Brady is going to love Chad Ochocinco a lot more than he loved Randy Moss.
- Just when you think the Pats are being quiet in free agency (trades aren’t really free agents), they bring in DT Tommie Harris on Monday, DE/OLB Matt Roth yesterday, and today will bring in DE Raheem Brock. The 33-year-old played for the Seahawks last season and sacked the QB 9 times, a career high.
Topics: Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, Matt Roth, New England Patriots, NFL, NFL Free Agency, Osi Umenyiora, Patriots Personnel Moves, Patriots Trades, Patriots Training Camp, Raheem Brock, Ras-I Dowling, Shane Vereen, Tom Brady, Tommie Harris