Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Giants’ Osi Umenyiora has permission to seek a trade, but don’t look for the Pats to bite at the current asking price.
- Former Patriots WR Randy Moss has announced his retirement from the NFL.
- The Patriots will hold a training camp session open to the public today from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- According to the Associated Press, Matt Light’s new contract is for two years and worth up to $12 million, with $7 million guaranteed.
- The Patriots announced that they will release back-up QB Jonathan Crompton.
- According to Patriots Director of Personnel Nick Caserio, the free agency period is just starting up, so don’t be surprised to see more Patriots signings as time progresses. Count out OLB Manny Lawson from joining the Patriots, as he signed a one-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals (via Twitter).
- Tom Curran from Comcast Sports looks at the best and worst of the Patriots training camp thus far.