Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots will not be holding a practice today as players have the day off per the new CBA.
- Albert Haynesworth passed his conditioning test yesterday and was on the field for the morning session. He then joined his team in pads for a few series and bulled his way through the Patriots’ offensive linemen.
- The Patriots have agreed to terms with free agent left tackle Matt Light. The deal is reportedly for two years.
- The players may have today off, but the coaches and front office will be busy checking out free agent DT Tommie Harris. Harris last played for the Chicago Bears and is in town for a visit.
- Deion Branch thinks that Chad Ochocinco’s experience will help him pick up the playbook of the Patriots’ complex offense.
- Are the Pats done in free agency? Probably not, and there are still plenty of options out there for the team. (and here’s a bonus 5!)