Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and cap off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, the Pats announced that they re-signed RB Kevin Faulk, S Brandon McGowan, and LB Tracy White.
- Might the Patriots be changing defenses from a 3-4 to a 4-3? If so, here’s a look at what the starting defense could look like.
- The Patriots held a full-pads practice on Saturday, and here thoughts/observations from ESPN Boston’s Mike Rodak and Mike Reiss, and the Boston Herald‘s Ian Rapoport.
- What did it cost Chad Ochocinco to get his #85 from TE Aaron Hernandez? Nothing, apparently, expect maybe letting Hernandez borrow Ocho’s Toyota Prius on the weekends and “some leftover McDonald’s coupons,” according to Ocho.
- Speaking of Ocho, he met with the media after practice. You can read the full transcript of the interview HERE or watch video HERE.
- Who’s ready to make the second-year leap on the Pats? The Boston Globe asks that of Devin McCourty and Jerod Mayo in a video posted HERE.
Topics: Aaron Hernandez, Brandon McGowan, Chad Ochocinco, Devin McCourty, Jerod Mayo, Kevin Faulk, New England Patriots, NFL, Patriots Defense, Patriots Personnel Moves, Patriots Training Camp, Tracy White