Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off the weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Chad Ochocinco was on the field watching the morning camp session on Friday and then suited up and practiced in the afternoon. Albert Haynesworth was also on the field in the afternoon, but was an onlooker.
- The Pats followed big additions with some big subtractions, releasing Ty Warren, Nick Kaczur, and Alge Crumpler, among others. Tom Curran from Comcast Sports spoke with Warren about his release, which you can read HERE.
- The Patriots’ official program, All Access, aired Friday night and is posted on the Pats’ website. Need another reason to watch it? It contains an exclusive interview with newly-acquired Albert Haynesworth. Oh yeah, and an inside look at the cheerleaders photo shoot in Aruba. Still need a reason? Maybe you should just leave the site now…
- The trade for Haynesworth has finally been made official.
- NFL.com’s Steve Wyche analyzes the moves made by the Patriots, and doesn’t think that they’re done yet.
- Albert Breer thinks that Belichick pulled the trigger on the two big trades because he thinks the Patriots are ready to win a championship now.
- CB Kyle Arrington signed a two-year extension to remain with the Pats. Arrington stepped in after Leigh Bodden’s injury and Darius Butler’s ineffectiveness to hold the starting job opposite Devin McCourty.