Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The Patriots will release OLB Tully Banta-Cain, one of their primary edge rushers. Who will step in? It looks like the Pats are going to have to get active in free agency! Tedy Bruschi feels this is a primary need the Pats MUST address.
- Good news on the personnel front: G Logan Mankins will sign his franchise tender worth $10 million and report to camp on-time.
- Former BC LB Mark Herzlich has decided to sign with the NY Giants. Too bad, he’ll be wearing the wrong blue to start his NFL career.
- Click HERE for the Patriots’ training camp schedule for the first two days.
- Andy Hart from Patriots Football Weekly answers reader (e)mail.
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft played an instrumental role in the development of a new labor deal. His role is discussed HERE.
- Here’s a list of the undrafted rookie free agents the Patriots have agreed to terms with up to this point.